Aviation of WWII
HomeCustom SearchRussian
 
UK Boulton Paul P.82 Defiant

Boulton Paul

Boulton and Paul Ltd., were transferred to Boulton Paul Aircraft Limited in 1934. A new factory was built and established at Wolverhampton, the move being completed by 1936, and John Dudley North (1893 - 1968) became joint Managing Director with S. W. Hiscocks.

Although its origins in aircraft manufacturing began earlier in 1914, and lasted until 1961, the company mainly built and modified aircraft under contract to other manufacturers, but had a few notable designs of its own, such as the Boulton Paul Defiant, designet by J. D. North.


©AirPages
2003-